Thursday, August 28, 2008

Murudeshwara


















I had the fortune to vissit Murudeshwara Beach in Dec 2006.


This pristine beach-town on the Kanara Coast of Western India captivated me. The beach is one of the best, by far, that I have seen in any country so far. It was surprisingly clean and well kept. There are several lodges where one can stay for about Rs.500 a night and have a lovely sea-view room.


The Murudeshwara Templae is an ancient one, and was being renovated when I had visited.


Also, there is a huge statue of Krishna in the rath of Arjuna, as in the Bhagawath Gita, not to mention the mostrous form of Shiva.
To me, this beach is as good ass any other beach in Malaysia or Thailand.
I wonder how many Indians even know about it's existence. I think that with the new found riches, Indians right now seem to be more obssessed with visiting Phuket and Pattaya with their families ( sic) than go to "mundane" beaches like Murudeshwara. God bless us!
















No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...