Saturday, December 24, 2011

The making of our travel plans - a short story

This is a short story of  someone making travel plans. The interesting bit is the usage of many well-known brand names in America. Enjoy!

=============================================================


As I Kindle Fire in my living room, reclining wearily on the Couch, biting an Apple and generally musing about life – no, not just the mundane Bed and Bath but Beyond.  We live not too far from the Polar bears, as it were, and I was visualizing how life would be if I Make My Trip this winter, to Kathmadu. Or, how a Carnival in a Cruise down the Amazon would feel. Better still,  could I get the Best Buys of fake branded clothes in Bangkok which appeared to be a Googol miles away at the moment? My entire Family considers every Dollar spent on holiday an investment in education. Their knowledge of  the National Geography is commendable, but not many have been International Touristers, really speaking. “Gee! I may need a Visa to visit these places…”, I reflected. I needed to zero in on my Target, and quickly, to make sure that I Am on Track for my winter wanderings.

Just the other day, my Salsa friend Sam sung songs in praise of Abercrombie in Scotland, and what a lovely holiday he had there. Munching Fries laced with Chipotle, this Mexican Grilled me on my holiday preferences. Eating Wholesome Foods was not his forte, even if he could afford it. I warned him against the health hazards of junk food. He retorted, “look I am fit enough, so much so that even if the General Motors down I487, I can Sprint and catch up with him”. Quo Vadis?

I decided to seek the suggestions of my neighbour. However, the Hortons turned to be Wranglers, in fact. I realized that there is a wide Gap between our approaches to the same problem. “Do you have an UPS at home to Tide over General Electric failures?” I asked him one day, mowing the lawns. “No, but why do I need to Bank on my own, when the whole Of America has not planned for it?”  “We have had a Good Year in terms of Weather, and hence he does not feel the need for it”, I thought. Clearly, we were Head and Shoulders above them, in our thinking.

My wife, tapped me on my shoulders and said, “Honey, well, let us head South West this winter. Our Budget allows for only that right now.”

Yahoo!”


=============================================================


No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...