Thursday, January 28, 2016

Laughter in pain

I was waiting for my bone marrow test to be conducted, today. Had to wait for more than an hour.
Suddenly, the doctor, a young lady, perhaps 30 years old, barges in, even while the nurse had laid me down on the table, ready for the doctor to do her job. The doctor comes in, immediately orders me to yank my trousers, and bare my posterior ( the pelvic bone is where the sample is taken from- quite a painful process).
Even as I was writhing in pain, I could not help laugh out loud, thinking " what an ass of a job she has! How many such patient asses does she have to see every day!"
The ultimate irony was, when, looking at me laughing, she quipped " Wow! You are a brave man, laughing even in pain"!!
heart emoticoheart emoticon

No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...