Monday, March 23, 2009

Dialgoues people speak

riyanka Vadhera has critized Varun Gandhi for making "inflammatory" speech. Fair enough. But what takes the cake is her advice to him. "I would advise him to read the Gita properly and try to understand it," said Priyanka, on a two-day tour of the district to campaign for her mother and brother Rahul, who represents Amethi constituency. I am sure she is an expert in the Gita. She surely should know. For, I am betting my last rupee that she had read the Gita 10 times over, before she made that surreptitious trip to Vellore, bending all jail rules in the process. She took the liberty of pardoning the perpetrators of murder in the May 1991 incident, where along with Rajiv Gandhi, 38 policemen and others were killed. The family of those 38 have been orphaned, and she took their side to pardon the guilty on their behalf... great deed!! May this is what the Gita has said - pardon the guilty on behalf of others, never mind even if they are vehemently opposed to it. As far as I know, the Gita says that people on the side of adharma deserve no pity or mercy and be dealth with accordingly... or maybe I have got the Gita totally wrong, and madam Priyanka has done well with this advice!!! Maybe she was swayed by how the congress party leaders fawn upon Madame Sonia Antonio Maiyo. The age old Congressmen are quite literally following stanza 14 of Chapter 9 when they worship Sonia. This stanza says, and I quote " Always Glorifying me, firm in vows, propstrating before me, and always steadfast, they worship me with devotion" !!!! Maybe Priyanka has grown up seeing this happening within the congress party . Indeed, the Gita can be applied to today's politics as well, and thank you Madame Priyanka, for enlightening me on this!!! Cheers... Dilip

No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...