Friday, September 20, 2013

My brother


The stone-washed jeans
That you bought me with
Your first pay
Still hangs in my closet-
As a reminder of 
Your selflessness.

" You need that now
More than I do, for,
You are now in college"
Still rings in my ears-
As a reminder of 
Your care.

"Don't bother about others-
Join the college you really wish"
Still echoes in my mind-
As a reminder of
Your vision.

"Study whatever you feel
Passionate about- leave the
Finances to me"
Still reverberates in me-
As a reminder of your 
immense motivation.

"Let no woman come
In between our 
Brotherly ways".
Still emotes me-
As a reminder of your
Sibling bonding.

"Will I ever be able to
repay, at least in part,
All that you have given me,
At your own cost?"
Always pinches me-
As a reminder of your 
Towering influence.

"Should I belittle all
Your sibling showers on me
By a simple Thank You?"
Still bothers me-
As a reminder of your
Unflinching affection.

"Did God send you
ahead of me on this earth
Just to take be my guardian angel?"
Still lingers in me-
As a reminder of your
Soothing presence.

"Will I ever get 
Such a  wonderful brother 
Like you, in my next birth?"
Still rankles me-
As a reminder of 
the Most Amazing Sibling.
❣D❣







No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...