Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sinus trouble



A cool, steady stream of air
Brushes my nostrils, cool and nice
As I slowly wake up, from dream state
To reality - hospital to hospice.

My febrile body wouldn't breathe on it's own
So, they had apparently augmented it
With the life gas - on demand
To save life, to save a wit.

A life, that once roamed callously
Caring not, for life and it's thrills
Not appreciating the good things
While they lasted, still full of frills.

A life, that soon witnessed
Morphing of  life's facets.
Gains became irritants and challenges,
Pleasure soon gave way to pain.

Much like the one near my nostrils now.
The cool air from the tube
Was good for starters, and
Gave the much needed lube.

But soon, the coolness of the air
Turned to torment, all of my sinus,
My fragile nostril lining
Burned of oxygen, of dryness.

I now realize, how lucky I was
To have breathed freely, like a bull
Without this contraption on my nostril
To have had freedom, and enjoy it in full.

I now realize that, after all,
Sustained and enriched goodness
Is not always welcome- too much
Of anything can lead to duress.

I now long to breathe normally
To catch the fragrance of jasmine
In the cool evening fields,
May goodness again be forever mine.








No comments:

How can India aspire to be a thought-leader?

Two seemly disjointed happenings triggered this article today.  One – I was walking down an old alley here in Singapore, where a signage in ...