Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The other "me"

I have lost a lot in life
I have had a life full of strife

I gave a boost to my ego
My career went up the ladder, ergo!
My ego kept feeding on me
And denied the growth of love tree

I found you without any rife
Just when I was about to give up on life
I wondered if ego has taken a backseat
To listen to the love in my heartbeat.

Lo! Ego appears just dormant
Getting to ready yet again to torment
I don't want to lose you to ego
For that, I am prepared to let anything go.

They say there shall be no ego in love
The heart shall forever remain love's treasure cove
Egos may come and go at will
Deep inside the ventricle
My love for you makes time stand still.




No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...