Friday, May 15, 2020

Reflection in a mirror

Razor in hand, lather on face,
Stroke after stroke, I epilate for the day.
I intently gaze, at that handsome face
That I had earned -being adored and spurned.

But, it took no more than just a minute.
I could not continue with it
Could not muster enough courage
To look at myself sans disparage.

The handsome me, in a flash,
became the despicable me.
That one face now looked
The most abominable on earth.

In a fit of rage, I shatter the mirror
Into a thousand pieces, strewn all over the floor.
I heaved a sigh of relief, for, I dont have to stare
At that one odius face. No, not anymore.

I look down on the floor, to a thousand me's
Staring at me in unison- telling me
"The more you try to run away from yourself
The more you are made to face yourself".









No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...