Saturday, January 12, 2013

THANK YOU



Thank you – my parents
For giving a body for this soul
For teaching how to live life as a whole

Thank you – my teachers
For showing the way to academic salvation
For kindling the fire of greater materialistic aspiration

Thank you – my childhood friends
For making my day in the playground
For making sure that my childhood dreams don’t run aground

Thank you- my sweetheart in college
For nipping my romance in the bud
For bringing me back to the earth with a thud.

Thank you – my dear wife
For giving a structure to my life
For making sure that life moves on, come bliss or strife.

Thank you – my progeny
For giving me a mid-life missive
For reminding me that I also have my own life to live.

Thank you- O God
For giving life of fine elements
For filling my life with parents, teachers, friends, family and all such determinants

Thank you – my life
For filling me with incessant indictment
For making me realize that all the above are hallucinations, and, at best, transient.

No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...