Thursday, January 11, 2024

The penance

Eyes aghast, some people gather near,

And I all hear, are whispers of fear.

But fire in my heart, a beacon in the night,

For my own redemption, I carry on tight.


The Sun recedes and rises, days blur into one,

Time, a serpent, sheds its skin undone.

Stars, those cold diamonds, prick the velvet sky,

My breath, a prayer, whispers as clouds die.


In this crucible, where flesh meets flame,

A brooder stands, whispered by his name.

No longer of stone, but a river of grace,

Flowing, unending, for all time and space.


For, in the embers of sacrifice I find,

The world's salvation, etched on the mind.

No feast of triumph, no drumbeat's loud call,

Just the sigh of the forest, embracing all.



No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...