Tuesday, September 15, 2015

An Ode' to the Queen of Music





As you take your seat under the arclights
My heart turns into a sky with a million lights
Those diamond radiant nose-studs on your calm face
Signalling to me, the ensuing musical grace.

As silence descends outside, peace permeates all
Slowly the tanpura fills the air of the music hall
Slowly I feel being drawn into a whole new world
A world, where tranquility can be felt unfurled.

Your closed eyes, as you start off with an invocation
Brings tears of joy, without further provocation.
I dissolve in those tears, into the Raagam you present
An unfathomable sense of musical nirvana, so pleasant.

The Kirtanas that flow are an embodiment of devotion
Helping to keep the mind bereft of any commotion
Many a bruised heart has benefitted by this magic potion
Bhakti pervades the heart,  as the only emotion.

You make not any gestures, a scene of eternal beauty
Your still frame indeed is an exhibition of equanimity
Serenity is the source of your music, so true
Makes me wonder if sculptures can sing, too.

The three hours of trance come to an unexpected end
The heart yearns for more, but the night begins to descend
The Nightingale leaves, blazing a trail of effulgent musical light
Leaving me gasping for Sur-ambrosia, well into the night.

❤D









No comments:

The World Series

I don't know how many of you had watched the World Series match last night, between KKR and King's Punjab. I did, fully, to the last...